WHAT IS COUNTERFEITING?
• Counterfeiting is the passing off of imitation products as authentic brand-name ones
• Counterfeit Tandy Leather products are typically of poor quality and lack the details that make each Tandy leather product high-quality
• Counterfeiting has been linked to organized crime, child labor, and terrorism. It is estimated that counterfeiting costs the United States economy 250 to 500 billion dollars a year.
WHAT TANDY LEATHER DOES
• Tandy Leather vigorously pursues counterfeiters and the shops, websites, vendors, and suppliers that sell counterfeit Tandy Leather products.
• We work with local, state, and federal law enforcement as well as the U.S. and foreign customs officials to try to stop the sale of counterfeit products at every point in the supply chain.
• You are only guaranteed the item is authentic if you purchase it from a authorized Tandy Leather Store or outlet.
WHERE TO BUY TANDY LEATHER PRODUCTS
• Tandy Leather does not offer its products for sale through individuals, street vendors, internet auctions, or flea markets.
• The only authorized stores that offer our products for sale are Tandy Leather Stores or an Authorized Tandy Leather Reseller.
• Remember if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.
SHOPPING TANDY LEATHER ONLINE
• The only websites owned and operated by Tandy Leather to sell products online are listed below:
WARNING: Counterfeit websites often times use the wording Tandy or Tandy Leather in the URL and have content and a layout similar to one of the above.
• To report counterfeits, please e-mail the below information to TLFhelp@tandyleather.com
• Location, Name and Address
• Type of location ( retail store, flea market, internet, etc )
• Styles of products being sold
• Are the items marked in any way as Tandy Leather products or just copied merchandise?